Monday, June 29, 2009

Football Terminology


Have you ever really given much thought to the terminology used in Football? I was reading the morning paper while eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and drinking a cup of coffee when all of the sudden some of the terminology used just struck me as funny. Not just a little bit funny mind you, coffee squirting out of the nose laughing funny. Okay, maybe I just didn’t get enough sleep, over worked mind, or maybe under worked, or just a warped sense of humor, but I found myself having a hard time finishing the article I was reading about Kellen Winslow looking good for Tampa Buccaneers.

Now I am just going to list some of the terminology and phrases used in football and if you don’t find them funny please excuse me, but I know I will never be able to read a football article the same ever again myself. It said how the “Offensive” coordinator “believes in widespread use of his tight end”, how they have Kellen “playing everything”, “he’s playing tight end”, “out wide”, “receiver”, and “he knows everything about coverage”. Okay, maybe I was just a bit warped this morning, not enough sleep or what not, but that shit was funny when I read it.

On a more serious note, Winslow does look good for the Buccaneers, hey, but time will tell. I am not sure just yet if I am ready to throw any money down on the table on that one.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that's why I never connected with football. I wasn't looking for the humor in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Winslow shows real promise. I think time will prove me right.

    ReplyDelete